It is hard not to smile when you see your first batch of happy microgreens reach up to sun, especially in the midst of winter. We all crave sunlight and nothing is more magical than watching these little guys turn their faces to the sun. Such a simple thing, but it never fails to lift my spirits.
We've put together a starter kit with everything you'll need to grow 3 batches of broccoli microgreens. Broccoli sprouts are one of the most nutrient-dense microgreens you can grow. They are full of glucoraphanin and sulforaphane which are known to prevent cancer. They are high in minerals and vitamins.
how to grow microgreens (in a nutshell)
Soak seeds 6-8 hours, or according to package directions.
Soak a growing mat with water, and place in a container or baking dish.
Spread out the seeds.
Cover and place near a window until the seeds sprout.
Remove lid, and let grow until vibrant leaves appear.
Sylvia has a detailed blog post here
The kit includes:
- Enough materials to do 3 separate batches of microgreens
- Glass container with bamboo lid and silicone gasket (inside dimension 5x7)
- 6 Tablespoons (2.4oz) US Organic Broccoli seeds for sprouting (2 tablespoons per batch)
- 3 Hemp Fiber Grow Mats precut to fit this container. 100% biodegradable & Compostable
Care for Container:
As with all wood products the lids are not microwave or dishwasher safe. Hand wash and let air dry. The lid also doubles as a small cutting board. :) Applying a wood conditioner/butcher block oil occasionally will extend the life of the lid.
The glass is microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe.
NOW AVAILABLE :: THE REFILL KIT
- 3 hemp fiber grow mats precut to fit this container
- 6 Tablespoons (2.4oz) Broccoli seeds for microgreens